Thursday 2 July 2009

Crochet in the Round

Having just finished my latest crochet project, I've started wondering why there are some techniques that I'm never able to remember. I've done several crochet in the round project, yet every single time I get extremely confused when closing a round.

Since I don't normally count my stitches this problem always tends to creep up on me without my realizing it.
So I've decided to put an end to it and do a little picture tutorial. Hopefully it will help someone else come unstuck too.

Starting a New Round

Finishing a Round

For a tutorial on the various different ways of crocheting in the round (with loads of pictures), have a look at Crochet in the Round and the Seam.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on my Lotus Bag. Yes, the second bag was a little bigger...my D likes large bags. Same kind of yarn, just a different color. If you have a sewing machine, its MUCH easier to make the lining. Good luck with the bag and let me know when you finish it...would love to see it!

    Welcome to crochet!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for your comment on my blog! Are you on Ravelry?

    I understand about crochet therapy! I've seen it work wonders in myself and many friends too. We should start a religion!

    ReplyDelete