Wednesday 1 July 2009

Crochet Summer Hat

I finished my crochet hat! And would you believe it, I am actually using stash yarn that I bought on a whim together with some leftover yarn. I am so proud of myself!!!

This hat has now been frogged 3 times (2 times halfway, and 1 to the very beginning). It is now officially my most frogged project. The first time I had to undo it because I was adding an extra stitch every time I finished a round. This was completely messing up the stitch count.


The second time was because I was following a free Drops Design pattern (click here for UK version) and I didn't like the holes decorating the hat. I get sunstroke very, very easily you see. So for the brim I followed pipaw's pattern. I really loved the lacy look of the brim.


I tried just doing plain dc(UK)/sc(US) all the way round, but that was a bit boring, and the two different yarns just didn't look right. So I improvised, taking inspiration from a Let's Knit pattern which first made me think of making a sun hat. I will soon put up a pattern with detailed instructions for this stitch, but since I don't know what it's called, here's a photo. Does anyone know what it's called?


I really loved experimenting with different patterns, but I am a bit relieved that I have finally finished it. I can actually wear it now!


No comments:

Post a Comment